- Why should Austin DSA send you to the National Convention?
- I’m deeply committed to building DSA into the strong, strategic and vast organization it must become to lead (or be a significant leader in) a broad, bold movement to liberate the American working class. I haven’t been an active socialist organizer for very long, but I’ve felt this struggle in my bones as long as I can remember. Joining this fight has given me the greatest sense of purpose I’ve ever found in a long search for my place in the world. I want to go to the national convention to learn, to form relationships, to be inspired, and to prepare myself to continue to serve my comrades and our chapter and our movement to the best of my ability.
- Is there any particular caucus or issue you want to represent at the National Convention?
- The Green New Deal, Reproductive Justice, Build, new member recruitment and retention
- Is there anything else you would like members to know?
- I’m not going to represent any particular caucus, but I will represent you, Austin DSA. I will study, and listen, and think carefully about the decisions made at the convention. I will consult my gut, my lived experience, and what I have learned from all of you and make my best judgments in my votes. As a more recently-radicalized-normie, I feel that my perspective is valuable simply because we’ll need to radicalize many others like me on our way to revolution. I’m still close to that process and I believe that it gives me a strategically useful vantage point for continuing to build our organization.